Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Slacker, but Lots to Report!

I'm a slacker on this blogging thing. It's just a little difficult for me to sit down and write. I think another thing is, that without a camera, I'm unable to display these moments I'm talking about for all to see. But, that is all about to change. I should have a camera, come tomorrow! I bought my same camera, which I lost in January at Buckhead Saloon on a drunken night, go figure, off Ebay the other day. I'm having it shipped to Monroe.....Washington!

I HAD to have a camera to document my trip to Seattle, which takes place tomorrow night through Monday night. I'm pretty excited to see Becky, excuse me...Rebecca, and Jay, and all the peeps I hear about all the time. Jay and Becky have been to visit me in North Carolina twice now, so I figured it was time to pay a visit to Washington, my first ever. I probably didn't pick the best time to visit, as the weather doesn't look very promising, but I don't think you can ever plan on it not raining any time during the year. So, why not? It was the first race of the year for the ASA Northwest Tour and Jay was supposed to race, but now he has no motor so he will be unable to, which really stinks, since that was another reason I was coming, but at least he will be there. That was almost not the case.

I decided a couple weeks ago that I would redeem my frequent flyer miles to fly out there, so after discussions with Becky, I went ahead and booked it. What do you know, that night Jay calls Becky to tell her that his new job will be sending him to San Diego for training and he wouldn't be home. It definitely upset me but went and read the details of my ticket and found out that I wouldn't lose my miles if I just rescheduled it for another time. I felt horrible that Jay wasn't going to be able to race, most of all though. He's been looking forward to this race all winter and working on the car and such. Then a couple days later, his work called him back again saying he would be home after all....YEA! Trip back on! But, Jay now had the dilemma of no motor since he took his to be refreshened then his motor builder had a heart attack and had already disassembled it, but would be unable to repair with his illness. ARGH! So, anyways....Jay's home but no racing, but he says we'll have a hella good time watching the race and drinking beer in the stands...LOL!

I'm not sure what all we have planned for this trip. Even Jay and Becky don't know what there is to do in Seattle. I know I want to see the Space Needle, obviously, and Pike Place Market, but other than that, we're pretty open. We'll have fun no matter what, but I would like to get in as many sights as I can while I'm there. Have any ideas?

I'm sure we'll have to go to the big town of Snohomish, hometown of KMFH! Ha...He told me to go see his alma mater...we'll see about that! I went and saw them a couple weeks ago. I couldn't believe it had been since Jay and Becky were here in December that I had last seen them and Grace! I feel so terrible, but it was good to see them, catch up, play with Grace and see how big she's gotten and have fun. I do have a picture to post from this day since Mandi took it for me. She's so cute and very stylin' in her sunglasses "Aunt" Becky got her.

There's been a couple holidays already. I can't believe St. Patrick's Day and Easter have already passed. Most of you all probably read my bulletin or received my e-mail about this being the earliest Easter we will ever see during our lifetime. Thank goodness, I don't think I liked having it so close to St. Patrick's Day. St. Patrick's Day just got forgotten at the stores to make room for Easter goodies. It didn't help that SPD was on a Monday either. My girlfriend Lisa and I went to Midtown Sundries. I didn't even feel like doing anything big and for sure, didn't feel like dealing with the crowds at the normal Irish places. They had an Irish band there and green beer, so that was cool. JR and his new roommate Shane came and met us then we went to Smokin' Guns...woo hoo! You know that place was hopping, NOT! But we stayed there til about 12:30 then came home.

This past Friday night, Carrie, Lisa and I went to see Sunny Ledfurd at Buckwild. As usual, it was a good time. Up until the time I left and got on 485. I got a flat tire...Freakin' A. Seeing as it was 3 a.m., I didn't want to call and wake my parents so Carrie suggested I call Frank since we had just left him and he lives at the Speedway anyway. So, I called him and he came and got me and we worried about it on Saturday morning. Sure enough, the whole freakin' tire was shredded on the inside. Apparently, I had run over a large piece of hard plastic, my dad found. My luck...just how it goes!

Sunday was spent at the Kinser house, as has been tradition for the last three years. I made some cute Easter cupcakes decorated as Easter bunnies, baskets and some with Peeps on them. They turned out super cute.

Oh yes, I'm working again....Kohl's, AGAIN! Hey, it's something, it's money, I'm outta the house, a lot of the same people work there that did when I worked there two years ago and there wasn't much training. It should be good. Just have to remember to try to save some money and not spend it all!!!

I'll post after the trip...should be fun times!!!! And I will have LOTS of pics the next time! :)

No comments: