Saturday, March 1, 2008

Been Sick

sick
So, I've been sick since last Friday night. Started with just a sore throat then progressed to coughing, sneezing, runny nose, chills, vomiting, everything imaginable. I think I went through a whole box of Kleenex on Tuesday. Just a little bit of a nasty cough left and I think it's moved out. Thank God! I'm not a good sick person but I managed to survive on my own.

Even though I wasn't feeling well and I was tired, I went out last Friday night to meet Brandis and her mom and grandmother at Joker's. It was a good time. Her grandmother is a hoot...getting up on the stage and dancing to Rocky Top, followed by Low. She also won the dance-off for clogging. It was so cute and funny!

Saturday morning, I got up really early and met Angie, my Silpada sponsor, to drive up to Reidsville for a Silpada Team Meeting. This was my first time to meet other reps and get all psyched up on my new venture and hear all the exciting things the other reps do and how they enjoy their Silpada business. Got to my mom and dad's after that and just in time for the California truck race. What can I say about Kyle Busch?! I love this kid! Way to go Rowdy...win #1 for 2008. Only the start of many more!

I then took a nap because I wasn't feeling well and got woken up by Carrie saying she was going to be at Concord Mills in 20 minutes. Yikes. I hustled to get ready then we went shopping a little bit. Well, Carrie did, not me. Then of course we went to OTB for dinner. That was a good visit, even if I wasn't feeling well. It had been a couple weeks since Carrie and I saw each other so we had a bit to catch up on.

The rest of the weekend and this week has been just laying on the couch and trying to recover from being sick. Yuck Yuck Yuck! Oh yeah, I did have my first jewelry party on Monday night, if you can call it that. Sheri only had one neighbor lady come over so not much of a party. Oh well. I felt bad for Angie since she came with me but I'm hoping to recoup from that and get more on the ball for my next ones. I have to to make this successful.

I finally felt well enough to get out of the house last night and met Shannen for some sushi (Yum Yum!) then we went to Concord Mills to watch "Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins." My chest hurt so bad from laughing then coughing so bad, but that is a funny movie!
Not sure what my plans are for the rest of the weekend. Carrie and I discussed maybe going to see Sunny Ledfurd in New London, but not sure if we finalized that. Guess I'll call her in a bit and find out. Have a good weekend all....

2 comments:

Becky ♥ said...

Hellz yea, go ROWDY!! Glad you are feeling better now :)

Heather said...

Glad you're feeling better. That flu sucks. The kids had it, Sam had it, on of the kids is coming down with it again, uggghhh.
Hope the next week is much better for you!