Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm a RESOL.

My sister and I, back in the day, came up with some of our own words just by spelling them backwards. Ok, so maybe there's only two of them, but they are still put into action all the time when we chat. RESOL and KROD. Try to figure them out.

So, I must say I'm a RESOL. This blogging stuff is hard work...LOL. I do lots of things that are worthy of reading, I suppose?! But to sit down and put into words is much harder. Especially when I know that only like 5 people read this...LOL.

I made all this hype about Cinco de Mayo and in 2008, it turned out to be quite a dud. Not as much fun as in year's past, but still a good time. Had a couple newbies join the crowd at OTB, then of course, we proceeded to Midtown Sundries to hear Sunny Ledfurd perform, as has been the tradition the last three years. Wish Amy or Carrie had been here, but being in Texas and work duties overruled their attendance.

Amy was able to come visit that weekend though. We had such a good time doing NOTHING, for the most part. She flew in on Friday morning and we went to Cracker Barrell for breakfast. And, what do you know, she's a genius too, just like Jay. Then we went shopping and got our normal pedis. Friday night, we met up with Carrie, Tonia & Ed at OTB (of course) for dinner and drinks. Then Amy and I headed uptown to Buckhead and Whisky River. We had fun dancing, but the best part of the evening was heading to The Westin to sleep in their Heavenly beds. Ahhhh....We slept until 10 a.m., at least I did, I think Amy slept til 11 or so cause we walked out of the room around noon, which was check out. We then headed to Southpark Mall and ate at the Cheesecake Factory and walked around the mall. I was on a mission to find some black sandals and finally found them at the last store, Aldo. Pretty expensive, but of all the stores in the mall, I had found none that even resembled closely to what I was looking for until then so no matter the cost, I had to get them. For the rest of the weekend, we did nothing. Rented some movies at Blockbuster and laid on the couch for two days, other than getting meals...LOL. It was actually quite nice. Monday night, we met up with some friends at Fox & Hound. Amy from Ga. was in town, Brandis and Cesar were there. Nice visit with everyone.

Tuesday morning, Amy left for Dallas. I wish she lived here or I had the means to go visit her more often. She's moving back to Oklahoma in August to go to school. I think she's decided to become a FT student. But she enjoys it and is pursuing what she wants.

Not sure what else is/has gone on. My mom and I went to the beach for Memorial Day weekend. It was soooooooooo nice. We were there for five days and I could've stayed there for another five. Take that back, I could just live there and am seriously thinking about it...LOL. We're going back again tomorrow for a few more days. I have to take every opportunity I can. I just never know when I can and it's so beautiful there that I want to seize every chance.

I interviewed for a PR Position at Ganassi a few weeks ago. I haven't heard back from them, other than they were still interviewing candidates. Soooo..I thought it went well, but you never know what they're looking for or what that one "ahhh" thing is that says, "this is our girl!" So, I just continue to wait and see...but it would be a great opportunity, should it come my way.

Rowdy has won a few more races since the last post, but the Rowdy Busch Fan Club has been slacking on my treats. Wonder what's up with that?! ha ha...Rowdy is going for the triple this weekend...Trucks in Texas tonight, Nationwide in Nashville tomorrow night and Sprint Cup in Pocono on Sunday. This boy loves to Race...He raced at Eldora on Wed. night too. He's a threat to win all three of course and it would definitely be amazing if he could! Oh, I went to his birthday party a couple weeks ago. That was fun. A lot of people, open bar, dancing, good tunes and Kyle...how could it not have been!?

Baby updates: Mandi's birthday was May 16 so they had a cookout at their house the following day. I got to see Grace for about 10 minutes before Mandi put her to bed. She was sick and getting fussy, but she has gotten so big and is sooo cute. Mandi gave me some pictures and I immediately stopped at Kohl's to buy a frame and it's proudly displayed on my mantle.

I visited with Dirt and Kash this past Friday. Kash has gotten so big at only four months. He's a doll baby too and I just loved being able to carry him around for a few hours. I'm hoping Dirt and I can plan to take him on a beach trip soon.

My niece is almost 2 months old already. She was dedicated at church this past Sunday and was so good. She just laid in Jessica's arms and was awake and alert and looked around while the minister said what he had to say. She loves her Aunt Jenn and slept on my shoulder for 30 minutes before her mean Aunt Lindsay took her and she started crying...LOL.

Alright, is that enough for an update? Ha ha...see ya again in another month, probably. LOL.

1 comment:

Lindsay G said...

You are such a krod. Elizabeth loves her Aunt Lindsay more than you and I am not mean! Its not my fault you pinched her right before I took her.