Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Before I Get Written Off...

So, I figured I would add another entry before everyone writes me off of this blogging thing.

My schedule fluctuates from week to week. I wish I could have a consistent schedule to keep myself on a routine, but since that's not currently possible, I just continue to stay on a crazy track.

I work at
Kohl's (Where You Can Expect Great Things, BTW) whenever they schedule me, which for the last two weeks was closing every freaking night. It's like they didn't want me to have a life. Thankfully, that changed for this week and I have a pretty decent schedule.

Through an arrangement with
Speed51, I also write the press releases for two drivers, Drew Herring, who races in the USAR Hooters Pro Cup Series, and Craig Goess, Jr., who races in the NASCAR Camping World East Series. They are both in their rookie seasons in their respective series and have adjusted well. Drew is running for the overall rookie title in the Hooters Series and heading into this weekend's race at Iowa Speedway, only trails the leader of the RoY by three points and sits in 10th position in the overall points race too! Craig has had his share of ups and downs this year, with only a couple top-10 finishes, but is adjusting well to the heavier stock cars after coming from the Legends cars. Their seasons are coming to close with Drew having three remaining and Craig only two. Drew has Iowa this weekend then Southern National on Oct. 18, his home track, and Rockingham on Nov. 1. Craig races at Dover this Friday then Stafford, CT next weekend to end his season.

As I say racing seasons are winding down, I can't believe where the time has gone and now summer is almost over! I love summer! It is definitely my favorite season. Hot weather means trips to the beach and boating adventures on LKN. I have been lucky enough to venture to the beach five times this Summer. That's unbelievable, but my tan definitely proves it! ;)
OIB is definitely my home away from home. I've continuously made mention that if my home wasn't here, it'd definitely be there! I just hope it made it safely through Hurricane Hanna.

Carrie and I took a week-long vacation at the end of July for her birthday. We went to Savannah, Ga. for four days then the beach the rest of the week. We had never taken a week-long vacation together and we had a blast! It was definitely worth doing again every year and we've already had discussions where our next one will be! While in Savannah, we did the normal touristy stuff by taking the trolley tour and seeing the historical sights. When you think Savannah, you also think Paula Deen, so of course we had lunch at The Lady & Sons. OMG, it was soooooooooo good! Highly recommended!!!

Although I'm sad to see Summer go, the fall time excites me because that means it's time for PANTHERS FOOTBALL!!! Currently, we're 2-0 and that's been without our star player, Steve Smith. We've got some good momentum going and bring back Steve this week, and we're going to be red hot! I was lucky enough to go to the first home game this past Sunday at BofA Stadium vs. the Chicago Bears. I swear there were more Bears fans there than Panthers fans, but we definitely shut them up by coming back in the fourth quarter! I was pretty excited and I hope I'm able to go to a few more this season!

Well, there's a few updates...I'm off to meet Jody at Vinnie's now so I'll catch up later!

2 comments:

Becky ♥ said...

Well, you DEFINITELY have the link thing down hahaha glad to see you FINALLY update your bliggity blog :) Now make it a habit!

Heather said...

Yea, updates!

Congrats on the PR gig!

I'm jealous you had so much beach time this summer. We didn't go at all. =(

If you're ever near the MoTown Kohl's look me up!