Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day...Or Is It?

valentines day

That's right...I hate Valentine's Day, but read the fine print! I'm sure the only reason is because I'm single and have no special person in my life to celebrate Valentine's Day, the holiday of love. Maybe someday that special person will come into my life and I'll be more welcoming of this special holiday. Until then, I hate it...lol!




I am, however, for the special people in my life that do love me...my friends and family. I'm extremely grateful for them and the messages I received wishing me a "Happy Valentine's Day."




I thought Carrie and I had plans to be each other's Valentine and go to dinner tonight, but guess we never made those firm and she was unable to go. I called my parents thinking they may want to take me to dinner, but by the time they called they were already on their way to celebrate on their own at McCabe's in Kannapolis. Then I called Sheri hoping she could join me since I knew she was spouse-less with Doug being in Daytona, but she said she would have to be home by 7 so she could watch NCTS qualifying on tv. That gave us about 45 minutes and we live 20 mins. from each other...no good, but we made plans to have dinner and watch the race together tomorrow night. I decided to treat myself to junk food for Valentine's Day then...so I called into Chili's and ordered the Triple Play and the Bloomin' Onion...yum yum! Ha ha...I didn't eat it all, don't worry!






I just got done watching Truck qualifying on SPEED. It's hard to believe the racing season has already started. And it's seriously killing me not being in Daytona, the first time in the last 7 years. I miss it already...I know I keep thinking if racing is what I want to do for a career, but I have to honestly say, if I'm not involved it hurts. Racing is all I know and I'd like to continue to stay involved...just a matter of finding something. Someone please help!






My other best friend Amy, that lives in Dallas, is celebrating her 30th birthday next month. Carrie and I had discussed going to Dallas for her birthday and possibly surprise her, as she did with my 30th, but Amy e-mailed me this week saying she would be traveling to New Orleans for an interview at a school. I thought that would be perfect to head there, seeing as I've never been to New Orleans and it would be fun. So, Carrie is going there this weekend, ironically, so hopefully she'll be able to get the lay of the land and we can do some research on it. I mentioned it to Sheri the other night and I think she may join us too. It would be so much fun...We can get wild and crazy with this group. I have to find a way for this trip (air & hotel) to be as cheap as possible, seeing as I have no job still and there would probably be a lot of $ spent on alcohol...lol. The jewelry biz will hopefully kick in within a couple weeks! Any other suggestions?




Well, that let me get my mind off having a lonely Valentine's Day for a little bit. Happy Valentine's Day to all you others! Hope you were all surrounded by the love of family and friends today!

valentines




1 comment:

Becky ♥ said...

Awww Jennie, I still love you :)