Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend Update

Well, the weekend had its share of ups and downs. I went to Carrie's (Carebear as Becky refers to her as) Friday night. Nothing like starting the weekend with some OTB (On The Border). Stopped there first to pick up our dinner and TWO Bowls of Queso! It was so funny upon arrival in Funroe, I walked in the door and she had the coffee table set with napkins, silverware and our beverages waiting. She was READY to dig in! We watched TV then a couple movies.

We watched "The Last Kiss" with Zach Braff, Rachel Bilson and Casey Affleck. It was a little weird and slightly confusing. It just kind of left you at "Huh?" Ha ha...

Afterwards, we watched "We Are Marshall." An excellent movie! OMG, it's so tragic but heartwarming to see how this school found the courage to move on and honor their fallen teammates. Definitely a tear jerker.

Then I headed home and had to wake up early to drive up to Elkin on Saturday morning. It's only about an hour drive up there. My "sister's" grandmother had passed away and they were having the services. Granny,84, was well-loved in the community and church and had a lot of family. The visitation service was non-stop from 10:30-1:00. The funeral was at 2 at the little country church they went to. There were probably only 20 pews in the whole church. There were several people standing on the sides and even outside. We cried, laughed, rejoiced and celebrated the life of Granny. We know she's in a much better place and is also rejoicing. After services, we ate and then headed back to Papa and Granny's house. Papa had been in the hospital for the last week after falling down and breaking his hip. He's kinda been out of it and they haven't told him about Granny yet. They want to give him reason to live and not give up. We went to see him afterwards and just hung out for a while.

I headed home because I had to get back to throwdown with Chase for his 21st birthday. I figured since I had planned it, I should be there. I felt a little awkward at first since I didn't know any of his friends, family, teammates, etc., but as soon as I got introduced to them, they welcomed me into the group and we had a fun time. We left Smokin' Guns around 12:30 and headed back to Chase's house. Stayed there until 3:30 after drinking, playing games and dancing...funny!
Sunday was quite the lazy day. I woke up way too early but fell back asleep on the couch until 2:15...ha ha! Thought I was going to stay home all night but ended up going to the Kinser house to see Dirt's brother who was leaving this morning so it was my last opportunity. I haven't seen him since he moved back to Cali...love that Hank! He's so fun. Also, it had been a week since I had seen Kash. Love that boy. Amazing how quickly a child can grow in just a week. We also watched Kraig's race on the computer. He finished 12th, fairly good since the last two nights he hadn't done so well.

Nothing really on the agenda for this week except for probably Valentine's Day dinner with my forever, it seems, Valentine's date...Carebear! Someday, maybe we'll have our own Valentines, but until then...we're each others!

No comments: