Friday, February 8, 2008

My New Venture



Who thought one could get so excited over jewelry?! But when it's beautiful sterling silver jewelry that will also bring one money too, how can you not?! So, I am now officially a Silpada Designs Representative. I'm excited to start this new venture, but a little apprehensive too. I tried the Pampered Chef thing a few years back, but it never really took off. I think mainly because I'm not big on the whole presentation portion of a party. With Silpada though, there is no presentation or spiel to pitch, I simply lay out the jewelry and let the guests look, try on and admire...then hopefully, purchase!!


I had never heard of this jewelry or type of party before until my best friend Carrie had one a couple months ago. The consultant, Angie, who is now my sponsor, is so funny and I know we're going to have a good time doing this together. She's very helpful and has taken me under her wing and will be very supportive.


After Carrie's party, I decided to have my own. I had mine last Wednesday and thanks to some very good friends and my mom, I was able to acquire $515 of FREE jewelry based on the purchases of others. What an awesome feeling! Then came the point where I got the itch to maybe start selling this stuff, knowing for not having to do a whole lot for the party, Angie made $415 in cash for my party. I mean, who wouldn't want that kind of money for a couple hours a night?! So, encouraged by Carrie and Angie, I decided what the heck!? I don't have another job right now and maybe if I can rope a few friends into having parties then build off that, this could be a real moneymaker!


I just received my Starter Kit this morning and I basically greeted the UPS man at the door...LOL. I was so excited to get my jewelry that I had ordered, as well as check out all the materials and information that I would need to know to make my new business successful.


I'm looking forward to this new venture and I hope you all are too and will help me make it successful! Check out my personal Silpada website to contact me or browse the online catalog.










2 comments:

Becky ♥ said...

Congrats on your new venture! I'm so excited for you, and I know you will do great. I love my jewelry too :)

Heather said...

Best of luck in your new adventure! I love how excited you sound about it!